Monday, August 1, 2011

Epic Harris Teeter Shopping Trip

So I have not shopped properly in about 3 or 4 weeks so to say my stockpile has been depleted is an understatement. The only things I had bought was meat. So the freezer is stocked but everything else was getting really bare. Harris Teeter looked like the most promising spot for me this week so away I went. I was armed with my coupons and a few rainchecks and my mother for moral and physical support. I had prepped myself with my list so I knew it was going to be a lot of money. I just wasn't prepared! Mom and I spent about and hour and a half loading our cart to capacity. Several times we thought maybe we should get another one, but alas we made it work. To the checkout line: I purposely waited to give her my card so I could see the before total. Wow that was a mistake.. As she is ringing the total hit 220 then 340 then 400 ( I am totally freaking out, that is toooooo much. I don't have that money hanging around) then 440. I am just about to truly freak out and just leave everything there. I was sure there was no way it was going to be under $200. So I calmly (yeah right totally on the outside) hand over my card and coupons and watch with baited breathe for the savings. Clink down to $280 then coupons down to $180. Whoooooooooooooo
I was pretty much right on the money on my estimate. Now normally I do not come anywhere near spend $180 on groceries but I am trying to get on a 2 week schedule. So $90 a week is not so bad to feed 7 people! Hey and that was 2 carts full of groceries! I saved 60% on almost everything and if you factor in the rainchecks its more like 65%.

No comments:

Post a Comment