Friday, January 6, 2012

Resolutions

The last couple months of the year of 2011 seemed to go by in a whirlwind. Thanksgiving came and went. Pretty quickly, especially since I cooked Thanksgiving dinner in a toaster oven. Yup, you read right, I cooked Turkey Day dinner in a toaster oven. We had moved, and didn't realize the oven didn't work until I was trying to bake something a couple days before. The top of my stop worked, its gas, so I could cook on the stove top but not bake. So, we, my sister and I, made the turkey breast in toast oven and then the rolls, and while we ate the apple pie baked. I did state that the only pie I am making going forward is going to be a lemon meringue with graham cracker crust. I ended up just eating the pie filling, I don't like pie crust.
Then came the end of the school semester and the stress that brings. Glad when that ended. We, my sister and I, had a cookie day at her house. Then my partner in crime had a cookie day, my oven was fixed but her kitchen is bigger. Before you knew it was Christmas.  It was a good but crazy Christmas. Caroline has enjoyed everything she has received. She enjoys the loud noisy toys the best. Typical 21 month old. :)
So the new year washes away last year "regrets" and brings a new untarnished sense of wonder. I typically don't make resolutions but I am making promises that I plan on keeping.  Promises are harder to break than a resolution, or at least in my brain. I promise myself to become healthy and to post more often on the blog in addition to being a better parent and spouse. I want also continue to do well in my education.

No comments:

Post a Comment